Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Toni and Guy Hair Salon, Shaab


Impressive 3-storey building in a quiet area with ample parking. A bonus.



The cutest little outdoor seating area to chillax in.

I made an appointment the day before via phone. I did try to call back and got no answer only to realise they have early closing times, something to keep in mind.

A great impression as we walked in the black, grey and chrome interior is super sleek. The staff are all immaculately turned out and are professional, super efficient and punctual. The facilities and treatment rooms are spotless, cosy and welcoming. 

Emma, the manageress, did my babygirl's balayage. Immediately I was put at ease when I saw her own fabulously coloured hair. Emma was businesslike, rarely talking, thorough and reassuring with her expertise. She did a fabulous job.

Missy loving the whole experience.


Leah, British hair stylist who was sweet, chatty and full of good hair care tips and advice gave my daughter a beautiful blow-out and then curled it into gorgeous beach waves. If this is a look you long for then Leah is your lady.

Meanwhile, Mumma got some semi-permanent lashes which as they fall out over a 2-3 week period you go back and replace them (no, you don't have to save yours that fall out they will give you new ones). I've done these before but it was a while ago and everyone was raving about the new mink lashes that look and feel great.

Preetha did my lashes and they are okay but not as natural looking as I had expected especially as there are no far side lashes and the length is a bit long. Not really her fault about the length as I chose them but I now know to choose shorter than a size 9. At least they don't bother me with my glasses on which is what I was most bothered about. 


 Semi-permanent lashes which are discounted for 
the month of April.


My princess off to the school prize giving looking gorgeous with her new shiny
locks. We did have to re-curl her hair as they had fallen out overnight.



The bill. Eeeeeeek! 
More than I had anticipated but 
a stress-free experience and fantastic hair aren't cheap.


I finally managed to get a pic that shows the colours. We did take plenty of pics but the lighting didn't really show off the subtle, natural-looking balayage. She loves it, and I have never seen her hair look so amazingly glossy.


Overall a 9/10

I'm not complaining about the price but it was more than I was expecting. Having Emma is a pricey privilege. I had not realised the blowout and curling were not included in the price so take note. But you pay for quality and that is what I felt we got.  The smile on my daughter's face and her oozing confidence were priceless.



2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2018

    Are they certified to do lash extensions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure, didn't ask, just assumed they are. Is anyone certified to do lashes?

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)