Saturday, September 5, 2015

Review: The Cheesecake Factory at Arabella, Bida'a :O)



















I've been a few times to The Cheesecake Factory in Avenues and it was okay but no love affair.
Today, after my daughter's really early morning try outs for the school netball team, we ended up at Arabella (next to Radisson SAS). Don't bother parking up front in the sunny KD 3 parking spots go into the underground parking which cost us 500 fils for about 2 hours. It was 9.30AM so the place was nice and quiet and they had a few places open for breakfast: Starbucks, Junkyard and a couple of others.
My precious fancied The Cheesecake Factory, which is right on the seafront, with seating for 370+ customers. When we got to the restaurant the lady at the door said they were not open until 10 but fortunately for us, and another couple, her supervisor said, "no problem come on in and have a seat." Big bonus points for me as standing outside waiting for them to open was not an option. We had a table upstairs with a lovely view.
Note to self: to come back when it's cooler and sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the sea air.
Our waiter, Bradley from South Africa, was a pro. I love great staff and this restaurant had plenty - knowledgeable, accommodating, professional and pleasant. 
My babe had the breakfast combo: pancakes, bacon, poached eggs with a side of hollandaise sauce and I had the Belgian waffles with strawberries, candied pecans and Chantilly cream. My daughter's was good (I wasn't keen on her pancakes but she loved them) but my waffles were sublime; crispy around the edges, smothered in lovely fresh strawberries, delightful candied pecans, maple syrup and the Chantilly cream took it to another level. Unforgettable and perfect in every way. 

10/10 for service, location and heavenly waffles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)