Monday, September 25, 2017

DIY Month

Okay husband is away and I have been dying to do some jobs in the kitchen and around the house. Seeing as he won't let me get up a ladder (not since I was 8 months pregnant up a tall ladder finishing off a hand-painted, full wall mural in the nursery). And he won't even let me look at his Black & Decker drill. But what he doesn't see won't hurt him and he is loving the pics of the finished updates. Although he doesn't believe I did it.. 

I have always hated our kitchen tiles so decided to paint them a cool grey, which I love. Now I didn't sand the tiles down so I'm expecting it to scuff a bit but have some paint standby for repairs. But I think now that my hubby sees it he might spring for re-tiling the kitchen. 


Added an Ikea curtain to hide my storage area. What a difference it made. 

Meanwhile I have rearranged the salon furniture and organised the storage cupboards. Next the family/junk room, wish me luck I'm going to need it.


Yucky old tiles spruced up on a budget with acrylic latex paint KD 12 and faux re-grouted with a white grouting pen approx KD 1.900 both from Ace Hardware, Al Rai. 

Ta dah! Okay granted I didn't sand down the tiles so I have no idea how long this will last but looks so much better.


Crap in unpainted storage area. Now you see it....


Now you don't. Curtain and rod from Ikea came to KD 14 to solve an eyesight that has bugged me forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)