Sunday, January 28, 2018

Basil Walnut Pesto





































"Quick and easy pesto to top your pasta. A great change from red sauce."


Ingredients

  • 3 cups fresh basil leaves
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste


Directions

In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and cheese. Pour in oil slowly while still mixing. Stir in salt and pepper. 

Keep in a jar with a layer of olive oil on top to keep it nice and green.


LWDLIK - Okay, thank you All Recipes for the recipe. It did not come together in 15 mins. Cleaning the basil leaves alone took 10 mins, mine were very sandy and a lot of bits to be removed. Heated the walnuts in the oven a while to release the flavour that took 10 mins. I used frozen garlic blitzed in the micro as I was getting fed up and could be bothered to peel and toast in oven. Then the blending took forever, it seems like the blade wasn't chopping it so I had to stir it and blend many, many times. I reckon it took me 35+ mins total but it was definitely worth it. Husband called asking for a sandwich shortly after finishing it and I immediately made the husband a grilled chicken (leftovers), tomato slices, pesto sandwich on wholewheat toast and he loved it. My daughter had a bite and she too wanted the same too. And she usually hates everything I make her these days. 

A big hit 9/10. Lost a point for the finicky prepping. I now know why it's expensive to buy. Next time I will make it when the maid is not at church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)