Saturday, September 15, 2018

Chia Coconut Pudding Saves The Day



After a morning of checking endless ingredient labels for low carb sweets and snacks at Saveco - I was a bit disheartened. There seems to be very little keto-friendly 'breads', crackers, snacks and sweets out here. I've tried Sultan Centre, Approved Market, Mishref Co-op and so far Saveco has the best selection but would love to see more. The diet is going well but I really wanted something sweet and satisfying. The Canderel/Stevia chocolates are pretty good and I've bought some low carb protein bars, but yet to try them. I like the Diablo sugar free strawberry and cream boiled sweets. But many of the sugar-free desserts that I have tried like SF Jello and SF chocolate pudding were horrible, so horrible I threw them straight in the bin. I have severe keto-envy at what is being sold in the States for Keto dieters.

My KD 30 shopping haul from Saveco today (no Keto is not cheap) included chia seeds as I want to make sure I am getting some all round vitamins in my high fat, a lot of protein, no carb Keto diet. They also have fresh nut butters, macadamias, low carb tortillas, full-fat Greek yoghurt, low carb protein bars, coconut flour and almond powder, coconut and almond milks, sugar-free biscuits as well as great Mexican avocados, berries, meats, seafood, turkey bacon, cream, sour cream, cheeses and nuts.

I've tried chia puddings before and was not impressed so really wasn't holding out much hope but decided to try it anyway. Oh yummy! Was so delish I went straight out to soak another lot for tomorrow. Happy Keto tummy. Thanks Saveco.

Recipe 

1/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream (Saveco) Thai food section
2/3 cup of unsweetened coconut vanilla flavoured milk (Saveco) Fridge
6 drops of Sweet Drops Stevia sweetener English Toffee flavour (Saveco) Diet foods
1 tbs oats
1/3 cup chia seeds (Saveco buy them in bulk much cheaper) 
2 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes (Sultan Centre) Health foods

Mix really well and leave for at least 2 hours until pudding-like consistency. It's even better if left overnight. Serve with fresh berries and pecans.

Makes enough for two satisfying portions.

Happy Keto dieting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)