Monday, November 6, 2017

Rant of The Week



This car above was driven by a woman who looked expat. You can barely make out the baby onboard sticker and a doctor's red crescent sticker presumably a Dr onboard too. What you can't see in this pic - as I only had the quick op to take one pic whilst stopped at red lights - is a young blonde child bobbing up and down between the fronts seats. Where the hell was this child's car seat? Why were you driving at 85km per hour on a 80kmph street? And why was there a huge web-like crack in your front windscreen that I could see clearly from behind. That's 3 violations in one trip. As a mother your recklessness is beyond me. As an expat don't be bitching when you get stopped by police and fined or worse. Rant over.


4 comments:

  1. I hate people like this... Its so frustrating....
    like how can you be so negligent with your childs safety...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate them too. I so wanted to yell out the window at her. Poor kid.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is one of my pet peeves. I hate it when parents come and tell me that their children hate to sit in carseats when I ask about it. Wtf? They hate it because you always give them another option when they start crying. Strap them down and thats that. There's no other way around it. The majority see carseats as an unnecessary expense. Seriously? There's carseats for absolutely all budgets. There's just no excuse. You see kids hanging out of windows, sun roofs. You see them bouncing around in the back or even the passenger seat. Oh gosh, I've even seen parents drive around while holding babies in the driver's seat. Yes, you read that correctly. The driver drives and holds a baby at the same time. That is insane! Aaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need a good slap. My kid came from the hospital in a car seat and never travelled without it until she was older/taller and she could use a seatbelt safely. She even lectures people on wearing a seatbelt.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)