Monday, November 27, 2017

Oh My! Pumpkin Pie Pancakes at My House


Will definitely be making these again. I'm making a Thanksgiving dinner tonight for friends which includes my two American friends who are leaving Kuwait for good so it's a Thanks-For-Being-A-Friend night send-off. I had to do a pecan pie, of course, and decided to do a pumpkin pie too as I had plenty of pie dough left over and all the ingredients plus I'm sure they will love it. As a baker's treat God would have it that I had enough pumpkin pie filling left over to turn into pumpkin pie pancakes and they were delish. See if you do good then good (yumminess) will come back to you.


INGREDIENTS

1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch clove/optional
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs




METHOD

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Makes about six 6-inch pancakes.

Heavenly. 

Just read they can be frozen so will be making a big batch soon. Wrap individually in wax paper to stop sticking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)