Sunday, December 31, 2017

I'm Such a Good Wife



My husband never gets up for hotel breakfast, ever. Me, on the other hand, can not forgo those breakfast included offers. I gave up trying to get my husband up and am fast giving up with my daughter too. So this morning I was able to fix him a tray from the buffet and bring it back to the room for him (see photo). With thanks to the lovely helpful staff at Ibis Styles Diplomatic Area, Bahrain, which is a new, fabulous, well-priced hotel that we got at an irresistible price and are really pleased with our choice. Okay, so I get back to the room having had breakfast alone (no problem so used to it now) and tap on the door for a few minutes with my foot as carrying a tray of breakfast and as I didn't take the key - because didn't want the a/c in the room to go off and wake my sleeping beauty. Bed-head husband finally answers the door and is a bit grumpy at being woken up. He slowly realizes I have food for him and starts perking up a bit. After his first sip of perfectly made cappuccino he asks how to spell my surname for the wi-fi connection. Surprisingly, we have a great 30 years long wonderful relationship even if he can't always remember how to spell my name. 

Compromise, love and laughter are key. Happy new year.


2 comments:

  1. Compromise, love and laughter, I love that! The husband and I are at 9 years, still a long way to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, maybe grit determination and perseverance too. You'll get there.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)