Friday, March 30, 2018

Review: Dermapen Micro-needling Treatment at Yiaco Medical Center



Yiaco Medical Centre quite often has special offers on beauty treatments sadly the Dermapen treatment was not included in the offers today. I booked a consultation with the very nice Dr. Inga (she came recommended by a friend and booking is necessary as she gets very busy) and she suggested a few things we could do. However, as I had a party on Thursday and a budget, I wanted something with minimum downtime and reasonably priced, so we settled on the Dermapen treatment. The Dermapen head has a dozen tiny needles that pierce the skin causing micro injuries encouraging the production of collagen and elastin the skin's innate ability to repair itself and create new skin.                   



Okay so this is not me, but I'm hoping for the same 
dramatic improvements.


I had waited 10 minutes in the waiting room for my appointment time. Not a issue. Had a 10 minute consultation with doctor, we decided on treatment and then I was off to clean my skin and have the nurse apply the numbing cream, there was a 30 minute wait for the cream to work and then the 15-20 minute treatment followed by a short massage with some serums. 

I wouldn't say it was painful just uncomfortable. My face is red now but apparently that will die down by tomorrow and by Thursday I should have a 'natural' healthy glow.


The waiting room. Could do with a coffee machine.

One of the treatment rooms. Spotlessly clean and very professional looking.

Some impressive looking machinery.


From what I've read Dermapen micro-needling is just as effective as ablative treatments such as Fraxel, IPL, Laser Resurfacing, and Chemical Peels but with less downtime (that's redness, peeling and general gunky-looking face).

The cost: Dermapen treatment KD 60, opening a file KD 15 and consultation KD 10.
If you are a retired Kuwaiti the file opening and consultation can be covered by your insurance.

Update: I love it, and got lots of positive comments so I look forward to doing a few more sessions for optimum effect. The redness went after one day, had some slight peeling on day three post-treatment but nothing horribly unsightly and by day four my skin looked plumper, fresher, clearer and less wrinkly. 

9/10 from me only because the nurse wanted to remove my makeup and put the numbing cream in the waiting room. But I insisted on a treatment room especially as I could see it was not being used. I loved Dr. Inga will definitely be going back in two weeks.

Look out for their latest promotions www.yiacomedicalcenter.com





2 comments:

  1. I have deep melasma all over my face
    how much for treatment
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have to call them on 1882883 ask for Dermatology dept to check if they have any Dermapen discount sometimes they do. Then make an appointment as the Dr would need to see you to know how many sessions you need. Good luck.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)