Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Happen to Love Halloween

Strangely, here in Kuwait it's not popular among the locals. When my daughter was in nursery school I asked if the kids were dressing up for Halloween and the teacher told me "no, we had complaints from other parents who thought it was something like devil worship." I'm certainly not a devil worshipper and I love any fun stuff that makes kids happy.

So, every year our dear Jamila organises a Halloween extravaganza for the kids who scream and squeal with delight. Her husband dresses up as a scary, glowing green monster and waits for them in the Haunted House. We have lots of party games and scary cupcakes. Everyone has a fab time. Just trying to think up an outfit for this year, last year I was Snow White with the cutest red apple handbag. I'm thinking this year mother and daughter Lady Gaga. What da ya think? They have some crazy shoes, wig stores and outfits near the old souk in Salmiya for fancy dress.

I've seen some lovely Halloween props and accessories in Pottery Barn Kids and TSC usually has a nice collection. For costumes Partyland in Shuwaikh. Or a good imagination. A couple of rolls of toilet paper makes a great mummy and not much chance of rain here to spoil the look.

If you need help with organising a party there's Sparkle Events. This is an event planning business that was established two years ago. They do major events including fashion shows, corporate events and private birthday parties. You can have a look at some of what they've done on their face book group 'Let's Sparkle' their website will soon be up and running http://www.letssparkle.com/ or feel free to email them on ask@letsparkle.com. or call 94082225/6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)