Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Planning the trip to India...Top tip - Do it yourself!










Nameste
"I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of love, of integrity, of wisdom and of peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one."


I'm trying :O}..Ohm..Ohm...breathe...

Unfortunately the day we wanted to travel there are no seats available, not one. So spoke to a travel agent who drove me a little nuts to say the least. I would call him and ask him to send me prices and flights for other days and he would email me asking for our names to make a booking on the day that he told me had no seats available?
So got on the Emirates website and after a few, very frustrating hours of almost getting the transaction completed I emailed the 'so-called' travel agent telling him I had found an excellent deal on Emirates for two seats to Delhi KWD 186 could he do me the same deal without me having to face another second on the Emirates website. To which he replied that he would offer us the same flight for KWD 186 each! I swear to you I have the emails to prove it!
Chatted with Emirates who said they would charge another KWD 10 each processing fees if they were to book it for me. A last ditch final effort and I got the 2 seats for KWD 186 with Emirates online. The motto of the story being people lie, believe that you can do MUCH better, persist and take no BS.

Now for the hotel in Delhi, as before we join the 3 day wedding party we'll stay in Delhi for one night. Really wanted to stay at the Imperial Hotel, Janpath which is gorgeous but they wanted a hefty KWD 130 per night for a standard room. So looked around and found the loveliest little boutique hotel The Manor featured in The Guardian. Double room with a la carte breakfast, airport transfer, 15 min head or foot massage, 3- course dinner in award winning restaurant for KWD 75. I'm delighted, though have to admit googling for holidays is one of my favorite things to do.

The rest of the arrangements I leave in the gracious hosts' capable hands.


5 comments:

  1. My goodness, I sooooo hate to book anything online, its frustrating at the very least. I rather pay the extra 20 and get someone else to do it.
    Once you find a great travel agent you stick to them, especially if you travel as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oasisdragon, I know what you mean hence the call the the travel agent to make the booking thro him but he doubled the price. And with Emirates I really think when there is a website glitch they should wave the fee as it's not our fault. I was just giving it one last try before giving up and 'bingo' got the booking. On a whole I find booking online quite easy but you do have the odd day when nothing goes right.
    C'mon now share your little gem travel agent with us 'cause I sure won't be calling the other one ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops sry should read 'hence the call to the travel agent.' My fingers just don't keep up with my thoughts sometimes :O)
    You are very lucky to travel so much. I adore travelling. Hope it's not all work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A North Indian wedding? If its your first time (if not even) you are in for a treat! Hope you have a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anon. I'm very excited. We're all booked. Just need to get the clothes sorted. Let me get the fancy dress outfits for Halloween sorted first LOL :OD

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)