Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, peace and goodwill to all. The art of giving.

Of all the Christmas presents to receive this year these two are the most special. Our driver, Nalli,  arrived at the door this morning with this lovely gift for my daughter and this beautiful and delicious smelling chocolate log for my husband and I. We are very touched by his generousity. Merry Christmas Nalli have a lovely day at church and with your friends.
















“Giving” is a virtue, means to bestow, especially officially, confer; to accord or tender to another, to entrust to another. This is the Law of all creation: Give and you shall receive. "Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." "Every good and perfect gift comes from above, from the Father of Lights.
You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.
Albert Schweitzer


You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
Kahlil Gibran

It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
Mother Teresa

One must be poor to know the luxury of giving.
George Eliot

LWDLIK- Even a smile and a kind words are enough. May the spirit of Christmas be with us all year long. The heart with Nalli's name on is being held on by my daughter as it fell off during transportation. And a very special thank you to my beloved in-laws who even though they don't celebrate Christmas take the time and love to send over a wrapped gift. They are adorable gifts but what touches my heart most is the thought.
My neighbours, who I hardly know, have just popped by with a small gift for our daughter. I love Christmas and the focus on giving, sharing and happiness.
Thank you.
Now looking forward to having a big Christmas lunch with my bestest of friends (my family here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)