Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Complaint: Pottery Barn Kids




















I bought three backpacks, a lunch box and three towels all to be embroidered. For each 10 letters it's KD 3, which means I should get 70 letters as they were charging me for 7 lots of embroidery totalling KD 21.

I asked the sales attendant for a little discount as I was only having 43 letters embroidered on 7 items. He said he would have to ask the manageress. I said ok great give her my card as she's read my blog, commented twice and asked me to pop by sometime, now's a good time to meet.

Although the shop wasn't busy she couldn't come over and explain their no discount policy on embroidery (even tho still made no sense to me forking out KD 21 for only 43 letters) and sent the salesman back with my card and a firm no discount message. Now it's not the no discount that irked me but it would have been polite to tell me herself (a fellow Brit and all).

I waited almost a week for the items to be embroidered only to find that two of the towels were the wrong size anyway! I'd asked another sales assistant to get me two more towels showing him the one I had and he's (albeit mistakenly) given me the wrong ones. Which are now embroidered with Conor and Finley so I can't just take them back.. And seeing as I'm not in the mood 'ever' to go in and argue this; I'm stuck with two gigantic towels for two toddlers who will barely be able to lift them.

Our love affair's over PB Kids. :O(

Please note the mini size beach towel is a perfect generous size and the kid's size is really enormous; how many kids need a 64 inch/162cm length towel? No wonder they were in the sale :O(

10 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2011

    i boycott anything al shaya (except for a rare star bucks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. disgruntled employee? Or my mallphobic friend? It is quite difficult to boycott the whole of Alshaya and in my case..impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2011

    explain the impossible if you may?
    We are talking merchandise here not the actuall family of course.... but am interested to know why is it impossible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry didn't see your comment earlier. Sometimes when blogger upgrades I notice that I am not notified of any comments made during that upgrade period.
      Alas, for me, impossible they have soooo many of my favourite brands. Although I am considering boycotting M&S for being so darn expensive and having ridiculously high mark ups.

      Delete
  4. I had a very bad customer service ONCE in PB Kids and vowed never to return. Told them as much and predictably - no one seemed to care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DG, thought it was just me ...Thanx, makes me feel a little better LOL.

    I remember complimenting the PB (not PB Kids) on their customer service once before.

    Just to make matters worse the sales assistant, who attended to my embroidery order, told me that the previous day (their 1st Anniversary special offers) the embroidery had been half price! Which would have been a KD 10.500 saving.

    Not sure if he thought that was a helpful comment or not! But my advice to any sales personnel out there is- best not to tell the customer that.

    For my two cents worth.. the novelty has worn off PB Kids; time to start delivering and providing an unbeatable service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 18, 2011

    I had a bad experience with PB. I bought a quite a bit of picture frames from them and told the cashier I'd pick it up from them after I'm done shopping as my car was parked by Dean and Deluca and he gave me the little card and receipt to claim for it afterwards. I joked with him and told him to ensure that he doesn't resell the frames that I just bought.

    After I was done shopping I went back to collect my purchases and checked them ...low and behold, 1 of the frames I bought was missing. They called the manager and she couldn't care less. She was forcing me to buy something else and not refund me the money as they are on sale at the moment how was that my problem? and not once did she apologize for the mishap. I'm never shopping at PB here in Kuwait again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anon, that's bad! I passed them today and even the 75% off sale couldn't get me in there. Like I say, my love affair's over.

    Had horrible customer service in Carluccio's and don't like the idea of new Debenhams refund/credit card system (no cash refunds)at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get over it people...its just a retail shop. People make mistakes. Its amazing that people say they will never shop anywhere again, really arent there bigger issues in the world. Calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anon, yes there are large issues and small issues. This small issue we have power over to choose to shop or not. It's the principle. You have your choice. Agreed people make mistakes, and usually in those instances a suitable reaction/apology/rectifying of the problem negates that mistake. I'm chilled thanks ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)