Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Holiday Countdown


Only a few more days and we're off. Woohoo! Can't wait. More than two weeks in Devon, may have to go to Primark first for some wild wellies, macs and umbrellas. But won't stop us getting out and about along the beautiful coastline of Devon. A lovely walk followed by a delicious Devon cream tea. YUM!



Devon coastline
Devon Coast and Moors

Devon cream tea
Devonshire tea.jpg


Then, New York for 3 days. Central Park, Broadway, Serendipity III, FAO Schwarz and American Girl (think my husband will be in Sharper Image).

Serendipity III

The Doll's Tea Party at American Girl on 49th & 5th Avenue
New York

Next stop Florida. A day at Discovery Cove and an afternoon at Seaworld to see Shamu.
Cruise for two weeks east and west Caribbean. Hopefully, a hurricane free voyage :O)

Grand Cayman Island


Not sure how or if I can blog from there. If I can will post some pics. Meanwhile have a happy Ramadan and a very happy Eid holiday. Bye for now friends.

7 comments:

  1. Kim, have a great holiday. I know at least one thing about you from reading your blog, you are a "thankful" person, trying to see the good in whatever situation. I respect you for that, and wish you the best.

    Thank you for all the help, and wish you and your family the best.

    EB

    Not for publishing, to lazy to email, I have construction and so busy... maybe i'll show you my green results later :)

    Have some Scones and clotted cream on my behalf and needless to say, have some Benedict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi EB, :OD Good luck with the construction and green too, bravo! Nice to see your interested in saving the planet ;O)

    Can do scones and 'real' eggs Benedict easily.

    Appreciate all your support thro the good, bad and blogging awful.

    Be good while I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shopping instead of the Met? Kim....
    Discovery Cove is overhyped -
    should have swam with manatees
    i was just in FL - next i'll help plan
    maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maxine, it's on my list too, want to check what's on and where at what gallery/museum. For sure there will be an irrestible collection/exhibit on show somewhere. I have my babygirl in tow and from experience I know her attention span is about an hour so will squeeze something in. One of my fav things to do in NYC is the park and the Boathouse restaurant so need a day for that. I believe there are some manatees at Discovery Cove too. I need something that I could pre-book and organise from here as time is limited on land in Florida. I need a longer holiday ;O) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Max you're hired LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LWDLIK, Wishing you a wonderful, fun filled holiday. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kuweight 64, thank so much sweety pie x

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)