Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Strange People in Your House

Things people do: In a bizarre incident an unidentified person took the liberty to enter the house of a Kuwaiti man and switch on the TV in the sitting room, reports Al-Rai daily.
According to reports this happened when the Kuwaiti with his wife was sitting in the first floor balcony of his apartment and he heard the TV sound coming from the sitting room below.
When he went down the stairs to check he found a stranger watching the TV. When the Kuwaiti approached him the intruder did not even make an attempt to escape rather he agreed to go to a police station.
The incident happened in Fintas. The intruder has been referred to a police station.

This reminds me of a story about my in-laws. My mother-in-law arranged a long overdue visit to an old friend with a few of her daughters and some nieces.
When they arrived at the old friend's house they walked in and asked if Om Flam (not her real name) was home, the maid said she was out but would be home soon. They sat themselves down and asked the maid to make them tea. Which she did. After all this was a dear old friend of my MIL's so they felt quite at home. As they sat they commented on the new furniture and moved a few tables and a plant as they felt it looked better that way. She was an old friend she wouldn't mind.
After 15-20 minutes a lady walked in and greeted them and asked what they were doing there. They said, "We are waiting for Om Flam." The woman said, "I'm Om Flam and this is my house but I'm sorry I have no idea who you are." Oops! They were in the wrong house. Fortunately, the lady of the house was very sweet about it. And off they trotted to the house two doors down where the 'real' Om Flam was waiting with cakes and tea for them. :O)

I love my family :OD xx


2 comments:

  1. Dear it is, um flaN not flam.

    Same thing happened to a friend that I invited, he went in to one of my neighbors, ironically they were watching TV as well... all was well :)

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)