Tuesday, October 25, 2011

As'ad Al-Hamad Dermatology Clinic

Had an appointment at the As'ad Al-Hamad Dermatology Clinic today. A little nail fungus problem. So I gave my appointment request, from my polyclinic, to the receptionist - she shakes her head, tuts in disapproval and looks at her watch (like I'm late). But it was 10.45am! And the polyclinic had told me to come anywhere from 7.30am-12 noon for this appointment.

Miserable receptionist then takes my civil ID and does the open palmed circular motion gesture for 'shino hadi' or 'shay, shay' to her colleague who sniggers. Loosely translates to 'who the hell does she think she is'. Initially, I thought how rude but then it developed into sympathy. Women who walk around looking so blinking miserable and behaving so childishly get all my pity.

However, the wonderful attention and care that I received from Dr M (a beautiful Kuwaiti female) - whom I'd never met before - was absolutely fabulous she went out of her way to take me around and follow up a previous diagnosis. She quickly sorted out an immediate biopsy, blood tests and follow-ups.

Thank you Dr M you are a very, very fine example of your profession. You have left a very big impression on me. Many thanks to her colleagues too.

As'ad Al-Hamad Dermatology Clinic have an interesting website and online booking service which I think I'll try out for next time.

Had to laugh to myself at the total contrast.

Have just checked my number given by the receptionist to recheck exact time it says 12:16pm (?) However that is inaccurate as I checked the time on my watch at reception and received calls at 11am whilst in with Dr. Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Why do women like these receptionists still have a job? I would be having a quiet word with the lovely Dr.M about either retraining or replacing them! They are after all the first people that we the customers come in to contact with, and those attitudes are surely not good for business. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lxx, I did tell her. I think that's partly why she went out of her way to be helpful. In an ideal world that would be great advice ;o) I think the government runs the clinic although I believe it may have been built and donated by the Al-Hamad family. And the government sector is stuck with the good, the bad and the ugly because they won't sack them. Like my husband says people like these aren't 'real' Kuwaitis! 'Real' Kuwaitis love this country, welcome foreigners, aren't afraid of progress and are tolerant of other religions

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)