Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Hate Attitude

Don't give me attitude; you will really bring out the worst in me. Had to pass by a new place in Shaab for a mani/pedi today as old nearby one closed and favourite one too far away.


Big mistake, mega! Looked cute enough. Danger signs started going up when both of the Filipino girls doing my nails seemed to be completely zoned out (one still trying to watch the TV programme on the big flat screen TV whilst cutting my cuticles...HELLO!!!) and both looking at me with blank faces anytime I asked something in English, meaning I had to re-phrase myself 2-3 times to be understood. I should have run at that stage. But didn't.


Then the polish looking all lumpy because she hadn't cleaned and buffed the nails, that was just laziness and very poor workmanship. Still I stayed sweet. Was not offered any tea or coffee so I asked for a tea.


Had a false nail put on (my own nail came off and is growing back slowly), took all of 15 seconds = KD 4 (not a fancy one just a simple, cheapo plain one - a little expensive n'est pas?). Mani/pedi KD 11 and they charged me 750 fils for the tea? Which, when I enquired about the charge, was told abruptly by the manageress that this was 'A Nail Cafe' to which I responded that they should have told me there was a charge or offered me a drinks list with prices, at least. She said in 'Nail Bar' they charge? To which I told her that I'd never been to Nail Bar and I've never been charged for tea or coffee before either.


Goodbye, you will never see me again. No wonder it was empty. Motto of the story is stick to where you know best, even if it is a little far away.

UPDATE - Ok...I'm shovelling down the humble pie. It's 5 days and nails are still looking great! My friend T, who had the French, says hers looks pretty good too. Quite a miracle for French to last this long. So I may have been a tad rash in my review.

3 comments:

  1. which salon is this and how much was the mani and pedi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mani/pedi was KD 11. It has lasted 6 days (darn good for me) and they offer a free repaint if you go back within 3 days.

    It's Nail Cafe, Shaab, opposite Edo. If they address the problems we faced and the manageress loses the attitude - it would have been a much better experience. Shame, it's a cute place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to try N-Style in Bustan Mall(next to fanar) once. They are extremely good, professional and friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)