Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Movie Review: The Fault In Our Stars :O)



























The sweetest, wittiest, smartest, most heartbreaking movie of the year; in my humble opinion. 
Hazel and Gus are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them - and us - on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. Many brilliant lines from the movie but I loved Anne Frank's words, “Where there's hope, there's life" and the continuation from Anne Frank's Diary-  "It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again." 

Great movie, a must see.

I took a pair of 11 year olds, who loved it. Although I was quite relieved some parts were cut but didn't feel it impinged on the story line. I did wonder if the many young ladies present would be be curious to try champagne after the quote attributed to Dom Pérignon —"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"











No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)