Monday, July 6, 2015

The No Maid Diet
























Our maid has gone on leave for two months and left us to fend for ourselves. Normally, I would be at the end of my tether by now but this year I think it may be the best thing that's happened to my husband and daughter. So far Team W is doing very well; much better than expected. Daughter is a getting to be a dab hand at vacuuming, washing dishes and bed-making, and husband is being surprisingly compliant and trying his darndest to keep the captain of the ship happy. I usually lose 5-6 kg on the no maid diet but it might be considerable less if they continue to be so helpful.

I'd forgotten how satisfying doing your own housework can be ( I know who thought I'd ever say that) but I think the house is the cleanest it's been in years. Although after another month I'm sure the novelty will have worn off and we shall all be delighted to have our Shandha back.

Currently, a happy mummy with a disappearing big fat tummy.


 

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2015

    Hola Kim!
    Nice and funny post.
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)