Sunday, December 13, 2015

I Hate Parenting. There I've said it. Shoot me, it would be a far easier way to die...

























Exams have started and I should really take myself to an ashram in Pune but it would be a complete waste of money as I would be trying to climb the nearest hill to secure a decent Wi-Fi signal to ensure my preciousness finishes her revision. I swear I don't expect all As but this morning to have the little darling show me the 25 pages of French revision that she hasn't done was just too much for me. The problem is I ask her daily about homework, revision and projects - and this it would seem is my problem. I need to stop giving a poop and let her fail but I have been wired not to do that and so find it impossible.
I have got myself a stress reduction kit above and look forward to the quiet blissful moments of unconsciousness. Might just help some other like-minded parents out there too.




4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I am WAY too selfish to be a parent. I don't know how you courageous people do it. Truly, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart girl. Never thought of myself as courageous. Mostly obstinate, delusional, desperate, flaky, bewildered and discombobulated.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Kim! I just got done with a half hour rant about tevision and opening FB to find your post. Thank God we can all be honest and admit defeat once in a while...roll on Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya sister. I'm thinking this working on the Chromebook business needs re-evaluation. If she's not on YouTube it's ask.fm. Let's see what the exam results are like this year.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)