Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mission this week: Teeth Whitening

I did the Brite Smile treatment a while ago at Maidan Clinic and it was mildly impressive so before I seriously consider veneers I thought I would try the home whitening kits. A friend of mine who has some really lovely, pearly whites recommend it and so when I saw the two for one offer at Boots; I knew it was a sign..

The kit is pretty easy just soften the moulds in hot water (little temperature guide comes with it to make sure you get the heat right), place mould in mouth against top set of teeth and then a second mould against the bottom set, remove moulds, brush teeth with the kit's special toothpaste, prime them with a solution, place gel in mould and wear moulds for 20 mins. The instructions look quite long winded but really once you have done it once it's pretty straight forward. The only problem I encountered was the large amounts of saliva and what to do with it. So my top tip is put this in before showering, place a tissue in your mouth to mop up some of the saliva and spit out periodically during shower, plus time goes quicker if you are actually doing something whilst waiting for the time to pass.

After 4 days of one 20 minute session per day (you can to 2 sessions per day if you wish)  I really have noticed a difference and I'm greatly encouraged to finish the box. I am steering clear of black coffee, etc.. as these stain the teeth. Happy customer :O)

Boots Expert Teeth Whitening Programme KD 17.000
(offer on at the moment to buy 2 for 1 so you can share with a friend and pay only KD 8.500 each)

1 comment:

Always great to hear from you :O)