Monday, March 7, 2011

Bright Horizons

Click to enlarge


From one of my lovely readers...

I recently joined a Toastmasters Club called Bright Horizons that meets up twice a month at the Better Bookstore in Salmiya. It is affiliated to Toastmasters International and Maxine, the lady who owns the store, is a member of the same club. They are such lovely people and so encouraging, besides having some excellent and well seasoned speakers. I've only been for one meeting so far but they have captured my heart already and I'm very enthused at the thought of the next one, which is this Friday morning, the 11th of March. They are hoping for more people to join to create a more interactive and effective learning environment. Of course, I thought it was ideal for your blog and its followers :)

Map
















LWDLIK- Thank you Purple Moonbeam sounds very interesting.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds quite interesting. I wish Purple moonbeam could provide some more details as to the location of Better Bookstore, what time is the next session at Bright Horizon meeting to be held on 11th March and whom do we contact to register and a little bit more about 'Bright Horizons and what topics do they cover? Too many queries - LOL!

    Thanks to Purple moonbeam and LWDLIK for sharing. By the way, I signed up for the list kuwait! LWDLIK, when I switch on my computer, and go on the internet, its your posts that I read first and I was able to attend many beautiful events in Kuwait that you would inform through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, my name at least it isn't on a WANTED poster......
    come to the meeting and get free Dunkin Donuts, how cool is that?
    when r U coming to the store, you LWDLIK? You and Desert Girl, haven't shown up yet, do you read or just blog?
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. directions to the store
    bright horizons meets 9 for donuts
    10 meeting starts
    take 4th ring road to salmiya - past 30 - past fire station on right - at light, amman street take right - through next light - see al rashid hospital on left - at roundabout do a U-turn - first right - another right (veg/fruit store on left) then first left (before big empty lot on left) 50 meters look left SEE RED AND ORANGE DOOR LEADING TO BASEMENT - OR follow the smell of bright horizons coffee and donuts
    mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kuweight64 - Ahhh! Thank you. A little Purple Moonbeam just answered your wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anon- Sounds irrestible!
    You must know I'm hardcore coffee and donut girl :OD I'll be along one of these days but this Friday tres busy with the kiddly wink and family :O(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maxine will try to make it during the week. Are you there everyday in the mornings?
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10-8 daily

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)