Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Weekend..

Weekends always start off the same in our house with Thursday lunch at my mother-in-law's with all the family. This weekend's lunch was preceded by Parent's Day at my daughter's school which didn't go too badly and sounded very familiar to when I was  kid 'can do better' 'needs to apply herself more' but overall a good student. So happy mummy but need to change her from Arabic for Arabs quickly. What is it with the Arabic language curriculum? Everyone is complaining about it.

Same evening off to have a lovely dinner with friends and received some fabulous gifts from the amazing Eric Tan.

Eric's wonderful photographic work and gifts to us.










































Friday was a beautiful day.














But had to make triangular prisms, hexagonal prisms and square base pyramids to help with Pumpkin's maths homework took a good 2-3 hours; only to open the fridge and find perfect examples in the form of a Toblerone and a tube of Droste Pastilles chocolates. Bless my husband and his chocolate stash which he normally hides but had forgotten and left them out for me to find; only 3 hours too late :O( So I ate them, not all - just a few. Made me feel a tad better. And I know (or am reminded)  that a hexagonal prism has 12 vertices.

Both were opened and tried :OD






















Spent the evening at a small but colourful Red Nose Day event at the British Embassy that raised KD 1000 for Comic Relief and contributed to the staggering GBP 74,300,000 +  for charity that was raised. Awesome stuff.

Saturday started off with a mad dash to get the Princess off to her Mughal jewellry class at Americani Cultural Centre at 9AM. I was rewarded by my Precious with a beautiful hand-made bracelet that she'd made. It was supposed to be for Mother's Day but she was too excited and couldn't wait to give it to me. She said she made it in all the colours so I can wear it all the time with different dresses. Bless!

Mummy loves her bracelet.



2 comments:

  1. The bracelet looks beautiful. A child's gift of love is always such a treasure. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kuweight 64
    Yes it truly is. Thank you. Happy Mother's Day to you too! I'm assuming you're a mummy.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)