Monday, March 15, 2010

1st Kuwaiti country singer has cut an album..

"Hello there,
My name is Ibrahim Al-Mazeedi, and I am- believe it or not- the first country singer originally from Kuwait. Now for any of you folks who are a little blurry with their geography, Kuwait is a country in the middle east, situated between Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and the Arabian Gulf on its right. Currently, I'm a medical student in Kuwait University. However, my tendency to write and sometimes perform songs began since high school..and developed to what it is now. Some of you might wonder...why country? Well, I believe that what makes country music popular isn't necessarily where it's coming from- but what it's about. Finding meaning in a song transcends all cultures and eras. I actually fell in love with the genre of country a couple of years ago to be honest. But its pureness and emotion mesmerized me. How almost every country song is so full of value and real-life situations, how country singers describe the wide-open scenery and pureness on the countryside when compared to the difficult city-life...that is what caught a hold of me. Why is it, that in the country side in every country...people are friendlier? Why is it that in the country, everybody knows your name? It's almost as if they have a better connection to nature- and are therefore more capable of understanding many lessons life has to offer. So enjoy my first single, my first album will hopefully be coming out this summer, and try to keep an open mind as you hear it..."
For more info and to listen to his song 'Living in Tennessee' http://www.purevolume.com/ibrahimalmazeedi

Best of luck Ibrahim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)