Thursday, June 9, 2011

Busy, busy!

Sorry guys and gals very busy with various projects some fun, some very tedious.

Just had a horrible manicure and pedicure it was disappointing, slow, painful and  expensive for shoddy service :O( No time or inclination to call the owner and complain.

Off to a mixed couple Kuwaiti wedding party this evening with my husband. Not sure what to expect. But happy that more Kuwaitis are enjoying these evenings with their husbands. My only other experiences at Kuwaiti weddings have been ladies-only parties. Quite harrowing events with wailing music, bright lights, lots of bling and no food til 1AM.



4 comments:

  1. I went to a kuwaiti wedding "only for ladies" a couple of weeks ago. A little bit boring, dinner at 2am, so loud music, poor bride, by herself almost all the time. She looked so cute in her wedding dress but couldnt move at all. This things should change. Hope you have a nice night and change of hairdresser.
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie, should never have strayed from my usual favourites - Strands in Fanar, Glamour in Shaab (York Building), and Oriental (cheap and cheerful not quite up to the previous two standard).

    Will stay away from the one in Sharq which is a shame as it looks fab, has spa and hairdressers but horrible mani/pedi. The nails look even worse today, the varnish is dull and has impressions all over it. :O(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve seen you´ve in my blog!! Thanks for posting comments. I understood from a post that a man that twitters has been arrested? scary!!!. My blog is writen for my friends and family in Spain and sometimes I have to write taking much care of what I say. Is it true that they read all what we read refered to Kuwait? I dont want to get in trouble but sometimes it is difficult to restrain oneself from being subjective and is useless to write just what they want to listen (read)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie, I think you're safe. It is hard to live here and not be honest about your feelings. I think they are more worried about those who are trying to cause problems here not the odd moan about this and that. x

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)