Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mini Phone Vacation

Yesterday I dashed out of the house without my phone and didn't realise until I got half way to Avenues. I panicked and thought about turning back to get it. But my husband was home so if anyone called (school, doctor or UK lottery people) he could answer it. I carried on to coffee, shopping and lunch with the girls.


After the initial shock of not having my phone and feeling like someone had stolen something from me - it started to feel quite liberating. I was not checking to see if anyone called and I hadn't heard it (which so often happens when you have a big bag), I was not missing gossip with the girls due to messaging people back or answering their calls, I was oblivious to the time (I use my phone as a watch) and it was really very nice.


I wasn't even spooked by the thought of having a puncture on the way back and not having my phone to call for help. I just switched off and tuned out for a half day. No calls from the maids, daughter, husband or ...anyone.


Ahhh.. was lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)