Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ladurée Patisserie at 360 Mall

























Ladurée is a luxury cakes and pastries brand based in Paris, France. It is known as the inventor of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. They are still one of the best-known makers of macarons in the world.

They have a gorgeous little patisserie, chocolatier, confiseur in 360 Mall, Kuwait - selling their famous macarons, chocolates, jams (fabulous jams and the only place I've ever seen quince jam here) and exquisite, perfect looking pastries. Along with a separate restaurant, also, in 360 Mall.

I have bought gifts for others (macarons) but hadn't got around to trying the pastries myself yet, so was delighted when this pair of delicate, little works of art arrived today.


 





























And the verdict is in;

Ispahan - The pink macaron pastry with the fresh raspberries is a sublime, decadent, totally self-indulgent pastry fit for princesses like me. (Don't fret I saved some for the bambino and husband).

Divin - Almond tasting cake with fresh raspberries and cream. Good but completely outshone by the amazing Ispahan pink macaron pastry.

Ladurée Tel. 25309668. Patisserie and restaurant in 360 Mall.




6 comments:

  1. Enjoying the fruit of your earlier post about the spectacular new home based bakery “The Pantry”, I felt I might share with you some of my favourite sweet marvels of Ladurée as a thank you gesture.
    Make sure you try:
    1 – Pistachio Religious
    2 – Violet Religious
    3 – Orange Blossom Religious (by order)
    4 – Raspberry St. Honoré (by order, minimum of six pieces as it’s obviously wasn’t agreeable to my fellow citizens’ tasting buds!! And that’s always a good sign to me ^_^). It’s quite big, so it’ll be ideal if you are going to feed others.
    The first and second options are hard to come by. They are delieved three times a day, or so I was told, and their number is limited to 2 pieces of each per delivery , though in a good day the Chef might graciously decide to bake more.
    Hope you’d enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon

    Thank you so much for the run down will definitely be trying some (maybe all :O) of those. Can't understand why raspberries are not huge here? They taste so incredible in those macaron pastries.

    Looks like I'll have to go for breakfast to have all the options or at least most. Any idea if, or when, the salon de thé will open? Or maybe it's open already and I'm the last to know about it :O(

    Oh, the pecan pie from The Pantry.. I'm still daydreaming about it. It was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reviews & beautiful pictures. I drag my hubby in there just to ooh & ahh. Probably about time I try one of them.

    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleasure =)
    Their Salón de Thé is indeed open, and the food is exquisite.

    Going there early may not necessarily guarantee the sought after "religious". I learned this the hard way, trust me ^_^...
    Though if you go around 10ish for a late breakfast, then you should be fine. The rational is that the arrival of the 1st daily delivery seldom coincides with the opening hour of the Salón...
    In theory, the first delivery is at 9, whereas in reality it's more like 11!!

    So, if you want to play it safe, you could follow in my foot steps and call a day before and ask them to set aside whatever you fancy for you to pick up at a designated hour. Remember, only St. Honoré requires a minimum of six. Such requirement, luckily, doesn't apply to the other yummy choices.

    I've yet to try the Pantry's pecan pie. I've tried the rich chocolate cake, and it was heaven, and I'm going to try the cinnamon cake next week inshallah.


    Have a lovely weekend
    EnJoY ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nerissa

    Yes, you definitely should. I hope with Anon's expert knowledge, and my 5/8's worth, we've helped you narrow down your first choice :O)

    Ladurée is one of those very adorable places that you really want to buy anything just to have the bag and at least buy one item from. Same thing happens to me in Fortnum and Mason, Harrods and Henri Bendal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling Anon

    Many thanxx! Some fabulous tips there. Have taken them all to heart and shall be putting them to good use very soon.

    Have a great weekend yourself.

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)