Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reactions Vary in Kuwait to Bin Laden's Death

I found this in the Kuwait Times today. With the above title I really thought I would find things that I didn't agree with. But instead I found this and have to say it was a startling piece of reality that I hadn't expected or thought of.

"Salem Belal, a young Kuwaiti political activist, was skeptical about the massive cost, in lives and everything else, of the American action, suggesting that from an American perspective it could be argued that "after ten years, including two wars, 919,967 deaths and spending over 1.18 trillion dollars, we managed to kill one person."
A very different perspective on Bin Laden's death. Is it really that many deaths and that much money? If so, that is horrendous!




2 comments:

  1. an astute perception.
    what a tragic waste of lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Purple Moonbeam, how are you?
    Yes very tragic.
    They did manage to get hard drives, documents and probably took a witness or two (I know they're not saying but I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully info they glean from that may save further deaths.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)