Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Amazing, Incredible Dubai on New Year's Eve at Burj Khalifa























How proud the Emiratis must be of this very beautiful city.


























The incredible Burj Khalifa. We centered our visit around this area so we could walk to Dubai Mall (mainly Kidzania where my precious spent a marvellous two whole days) and we could walk home after the spectacular firework display on New Year's Eve. Some people were stuck in traffic for 4-5 hours...Eeeek!

























As some predict this year 2012, is the end of the world then we had to make sure we partied like there was no tomorrow.

We were 14 old and new friends who had dinner at Hukama in the Address Downtown Hotel (shark fin soup was divine, lobster and shrimp excellent, dim sum delicious but a little rubbery, service painfully slow but we refused to let anything spoil our mood). 

Hukama










Followed by the most superb firework extravaganza at Burj Khalifa.


Hence, my new year's resolution is never to spend another New Year's Eve in Kuwait again.

To my dearest friends, thank you all it was a truly fantastic evening and time spent in Dubai.

More pics and video to follow...

1 comment:

  1. I remember last year when I spent my new year in Dubai. We couldn't go to Dubai Mall because of the terrible traffic situation like what you said so we just spent the night partying in International City. We could see the fireworks of Burj Khalifa from the windows. And it was awesome! Now, I regret the fact that I chose to stay here in Kuwait. I should have spent my Kuwaiti Dinars in Dubai ....I am soooo jealous! It was first new year here in Kuwait and i just spent the whole time watching movies from 10pm to 2am. It was the most boring new year celebration of my life!

    Maria Makiling

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)