Thursday, June 21, 2012

McDonalds and Animal Poems


McDonalds on the Gulf Road with the Malibu view
































My daughter and I went off to McDonalds today for some comfort food and there's not much that's more comforting than a McDonalds' breakfast. I received this lovely poem from a reader whilst I was there that had me crying on my pancakes. Thank you Shabana x


"An Animal Poem"

You are mute
But you communicate better
Than most people
You seem
To understand
What baffles
My human mind
No matter how agitated
I am
I always see
Peace when I look
Into your eyes
You are calm
When I fret
Proactive
When I only react
Receptive
Where I am callous
I call out to you
But you reach out to me
Always
I may buy, adopt or take you in
But truly it's you
That accepts me
I may see breed or lineage in you
You only see
Me
You might be the one
To die on me
But I'm the one
Who has learned
To live from you. 

© 2012 / Shabana Shaikh
(Warning: Contents not to be used or reproduced without prior consent of author)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always great to hear from you :O)