Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review: The Pantry - Positively Perfect Pecan Pie


The only piece I have left of the magnificent pecan pie..



















  • Our menu includes:

    Cakes: KD
    Cinnamon Cake...................10.5
    Pumpkin Cake.....................11
    Caramel Crumble Cheese Cake..9.5
    Carrot Cheese Cake...............8

    Mini Cakes & Cookies:
    Mini Chocolate Delights...........8.5
    Sticky Date Pudding..............10
    Chocolate Chunk Cookies.........5/dozen
    Double Chocolate Cookies........5/dozen
    Toffee Biscuits......................6.5

    Pies & Tarts:
    Key lime Pie..........................9
    Lemon Pie............................9
    Pecan Pie...........................13
    Chocolate Tart.....................11
    Apple Crumble Tart.................9

    Gourmet Bread (by the loaf):
    Zaatar Bread.......................2.5
    Olive Bread.........................3
    Brioche..............................2

    Kindly note the following:
    1. Minimum order is KD 5.
    2. Orders below KD 10 will be charged a Delivery Charge of KD 1.

    General Information:
    - All our products are made by hand either on the day or a day ahead.As such the final product will vary every time.
    - The pictures on our Facebook page are for illustrative purposes only.

    Storage:
    - All our products are best consumed on the day of purchase.
    - All products should be stored in air-tight containers.

For scrumptious cakes, cookies, pies, freshly baked bread and more, text 90001769 for orders. Email: thepantrykw@gmail.com . Facebook Page: The Pantry. Twittering @thepantrykw.

The lovely lady at The Pantry sent me an email about her bakery asking me to review it. To which I sent my usual reply: thank you but should let you know that will only give it a recommendation if it's worthy but would email her back my honest opinion.

Well, no need to email her anything the pecan pie she sent me, for my Christmas soiree last night, was superb. And much kudos to Manar who rose to the occassion and was only very slightly worried when I told her one of my guests was a Bostonian WASP. And as a baker myself my standards can be abnormally high. 

But 10/10 to The Pantry. Loved their attitude and desire to have the most honest of opinions. I think this little business is definitely on the right track. Great quality and super customer service.  

Now my only dilemma is whether to eat this little piece of heavenly pie before my husband gets up or to wait and share with him? No, urge too great, need pie :OD

Update: Happy to hear they have opened in Salhiya Mall.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post.
    I tried to search for it in facebook but couldn't find it.
    Would you please provide me with their facebook link!?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon, yes sorry tried to post it several times but I think the blogging site must have been upgrading as couldn't get it to work. Hopefully, the link above should be working now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm pretty interested with this as well...i love cakes, cookies and stuff like that! tried baking but i've been successful only with brownies :( nothing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pantry has some really super cakes, breads and pies. I like to bake but I like super easy recipes maybe it's time to for me to share them with others :OD

      Delete
    2. I'd be really happy if you share those recipes! :)

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)