Friday, May 25, 2012

A Concerned Citizen's Plea to Those Who Say They Love Kuwait


Old Ships Docks

I'm pretty sure you’ve all passed by the old ships docks right before the big mosque on gulf street, it’s right in front of this building (picture below)
image
The ships look great and remind you of the past and how people used to live and everything.
image
I only have one question though, have you seen them from the other side?
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
This one of the many valuable places in Kuwait, it’s a treasure reminding us of our past. What happened? Seriously?
imageimage
You know what’s the worst part? I was not able to breath while taking these photos. And there so much more that I wasn’t able to cover.
I really hope people think twice before throwing anything in the sea or on the roads.
Post from Green Geek Q8 blog. LWDLIK is proud to be a Green Geek. You have my support.  

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 25, 2012

    Does Kuwait have a minister for the Environment? They really should start thinking about it if they haven't one already! The country is really starting to smell and the garbage is getting out of control. It just kills me when I'm driving behind a vehicle and they just throw their takeaway bags and drinks out the window! Insane and ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly needs immediate attention. I know regarding the littering I keep telling people off and I'm going to get myself into trouble soon.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 25, 2012

    Things will not get better unless the goverment shows that it can and it will enforce laws on people. No matter how many organisations and environmental groups efforts to organise cleanup events, if the govt does not provide trash bins and fines nothing will change. Its in the govt's hands. I organised an event once (Keep Kuwait Clean) over 200 people showed up including media coverage, the week after that, the beach was dirty again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree needs strong enforcement of existing laws, more trash bins, recycling programmes, infomercials, etc.
      How disappointing it must have been to see the beach littered again the following week. I truly believe this lies on the Kuwaitis shoulders from government to citizens.

      1) Please set a good example yourselves.
      2) Remind others not to litter.
      3) Request your MPs to tackle this in parliament (ok I know this sounds lame considering what they get up to daily but in the UK it would work. Remember you did vote for them. The environment is much more important than segregating kindergartens)
      4)Education from a young age.

      Delete

Always great to hear from you :O)