Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rat Sighting at Uber Trendy Restaurant in Kuwait

















And not the common two-legged variety seen often here. The furry tailed, fast, four legged ones. I just got this info from my niece and it made me feel quite ill. She actually saw the rat. Eeeek!
We had also eaten there not too long ago. Really don't want to discredit the restaurant, at this stage, as this could be an isolated incident and pure bad luck; so seems unfair to tarnish the uber trendy eating place.
BUT restaurants out there if you know you have a rat problem you better get it sorted ASAP because nothing will ruin your reputation faster or more thoroughly than a rat infestation.




7 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 19, 2012

    OMG I WONDER WHICH RESTAURANT THAT IS... 0_0
    I'M GOING TO BE PARANOID STARTING TODAY. I THINK I'LL JUST EAT AT HOME. :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea Honey..When I lived in NYC there was something of a epidemic of rat infestations at restaurants. I know totally disgusting but surprisingly common.

      Delete
  2. I found mouse terds in the sugar bowl at a 5-star Kuwaiti hotel a loooong time ago and they actually went to a lot of effort to call in a pest control company - AND to change their sugar bowls.

    Ew.

    Your friend should definitely mention it to the restaurant owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEEWWWWW!!! Yes look out for tell-tale signs, those are not little raisins or chocolate drops on the floor or even worse in your sugar bowl. Look out for the signs gnawed wood, chewed wiring and poison on the beaches. Rats were a big problem here back in the 80's and seems they are making a come back. Our old neighbour said, that in the 80's, she went to sit on her loo and a rat was in the toilet bowl staring up at her.
      Have a nice day :o@

      Delete
  3. Mee tooo , i saw those big rats at a famous kuwaiti restaurant ....EEEEWWW! I think we might be talking about the same one ..... anyhow i really hope kuwait does something about this issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really EEEEWWW! So that's two sightings I'm sure there must be more. The staff and owners, for sure, know by now. Let's see what they are going to do about it.

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 27, 2012

    Eeeewwwwww!! I tend to avoid restaurants since I put on some weight on my first year here! But now I have a stronger reason!

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from you :O)